Friday 1 April 2016

Letter to My Angel

My Dearest Daughter,
If you ever read these words,
Please don't be mad,
Don't be angry or sad
because I still love you.

I still love you even though
I cannot say a word,
I cannot hear your voice
or see your smile.
Oh, if only I could see that smile,
See it just one more time -

But my eyes are closed,
And I lay still.
In one moment life has stopped:
My time has frozen,
Perhaps, for eternity;
While the hands on your clock
keep moving forward.
But you must know that
no matter how this poem ends,
I still love you.

I do not know if I ever can
wake up from this dream.
So please just let me go.
Let me leave this life behind.

I know it must be hard for you,
And I'm sorry.
I'm sorry for all the pain
that I must have caused you.
I'm sorry for everything
that I have put you through.

But please let me go,
Don't watch me fade away
until there's nothing left.
I don't want you to remember me
like this:
weak, helpless, still.

Please let me go.
Let me sleep forever,
Even if it's hard for you to accept:
What I'm asking of you,
It's for the best.
So if you are reading these words,
Just know that I love you,
And I always will.

Sincerely,
Your Loving Mother










No comments:

Post a Comment