Tuesday 19 April 2016

Confessions of a Sixth Former

I have a destination
But I feel like I'm going nowhere...
I have a purpose
But I just don't know what it is...
There's a certain path I must follow
But I don't know which one to choose...

The pressure of big life decisions
Is crushing me.
I don't know how much longer
I can hold their weight.    

What should I do next?
University?
Apprenticeship?
Employment?

What happens if...
If I fail?
If I don't get the right grades?
If my application isn't successful?

And what happens if...
If I can't pay for education?
If I can't afford a place to live?  
If I end up in debt,
Indebted to a country
that I cannot even call my
home?      

The weight of it all
Is pulling me down,
I'm struggling to breathe.
Whenever I ask for help,
I'm told that
It's my life
And no one else can
live it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment